Oct 12 update

newsspin

If you were unable to attend this morning’s voluntary staff meeting, we went over a summary of the visitors policy that generally puts similar restrictions that other parents have to follow as well.  The parent must notify me and get my approval 5 days in advance of wanting a classroom visit, then  would be under full escort should that happen.  In addition, the child will have to line up at the front door, and exit the same.  As after school functions may vary with staff and access- should you find yourself in an unwelcome conversation, please let me or another close person know you need assistance.

Please report anything that deviates from the above (i.e., should you see that parent at another door other than the front, get cornered into a conversation, or have email or phone contact)

If you see the parent in the building, please notify the main office IMMEDIATELY.   The parent will get a fair chance to follow the policies- if they break a policy, we reserve the right to further restrict access.  Please come see me with any questions.

secure

As part of overseeing these types of policies, please speak with your students this week about the critical importance of not letting anyone in a side door around the building.  All doors are to remain locked during the day and they need to go get an adult if a parent is trying to get in the building from that point.  A similar note will go out to parents reminding them of procedures.

goals

If you have not yet met with me on your goal for this school year, please see me asap.  If you were revising your original goal, please be sure that I get a copy

open enroll

Open enrollment officially opens on Nov. 1 and new changes are effective on 1/1/2016.  The information this year will come via email, so be sure to watch out for it soon.  Staff must fill out the FSA forms and ensure that those get turned in on time.  Let me know if you have questions.

alarm

There have been some instances in the district with alarms going off in the building with staff not setting it or walking in without turning it off quick enough.  Will follow  a similar procedure that other buildings have put in place in that any weekend visits to the building must be done through the main doors in front of the building.  In addition, if you come in Sat. or Sunday, we will have a sign in sheet by the alarm to list your name in case more than 1 staff member shows up.  Thanks for your help in this.

In addition from maintenance, please take around 30 seconds at the end of your day to have the kids look a the floors and pickup and pencils, trash, etc.   This greatly helps the custodial staff that is already spread thin.

assess

I will do make up testing for the NWEA this Friday in the morning.  Please let me know if you will have a student coming down.